How Resilient Are you?
On a scale from 1-10 How resilient are you at coping with life’s stresses and setbacks?
Let’s face it, bad things happen to good people all the time; We have accidents, people won’t always act with integrity, and those we count on will sometimes let us down. This isn’t negative thinking; it’s reality.
What exactly is resilience…imagine your mind to be like an elastic band…the more ‘elastic’ it is, the more ‘resilient’ it is at snapping back to its original, healthy state…
Well, its never too late to strengthen your ability to handle future challenges better.
Here are 6 points to increase your resilience.
1. Raise your perspective.
Albert Einstein: “Our problems cannot be solved on the same level of thinking at which they were created.”
2. Watch your words. Your words create your reality.
3. Create and practice daily resilience rituals. It’s your small daily rituals that set you up to handle everything else better.
4. Don’t let your problems define you. Use setbacks to propel you forward and make you braver and bigger than you ever would have been otherwise.
5. Get support. It’s not a sign of weakness.
6. Be Realistic. Former superstar CEO of General Electric, Jack Welch credits his success to seeing truth in all situations. “Face reality as it is, not as it was or as you wish it were”.
I have personally been through many disappointments, health issues and failed attempts at my goals, and what they’ve taught me is that human spirt is more powerful than anything we are facing. We just have to be keep faith that, to quote the Greek Philospher, Socrates, “Within every adversity lies the seed of an equal or greater benefit.”
Watch the video, leave your comments and book your FREE 15 minute SKYPE strategy session today!