Your Personal Mission Statement“Writing or reviewing a mission statement changes you because it forces you to think through your priorities deeply, carefully, and to align your behaviour with your beliefs”
~Stephen Covey, ‘7 Habits of Highly Effective People’
A personal mission consists of 3 parts:
1. Do the exercise with the 15 questions from the previous blog as quickly as you can.
2. List out actions words you connect with your answers.
a. Example: educate, accomplish, empower, encourage, improve, help, give, guide, inspire, integrate, master, motivate, nurture, organize, produce, promote, travel, spread, share, satisfy, understand, teach, write, etc.
3. Based on your answers to the 15 questions. List everything and everyone that you believe you can help.
a. Example: People, creatures, organizations, causes, groups, environment, etc.
4. Identify your end goal. How will the ‘who’ from your above answer benefit from what you ‘do’?
5. Combine steps 2-4 into a sentence, or 2-3 sentences.
What is your purpose? What is your mission? I’d love to hear about your goals and aspirations. Please share with a comment !
As always, I am here to assist in a one-to-one session.
DOWNLOAD A FREE SUMMARY OF
MY 3-STEP METHOD: